The Daily Whine

Whatever my whine for the day is (and sometimes a Wine as well) But also includes rants and raves about my favorite two authors - Tolkien and Lewis. Currently working on the "Why the Eagle couldn't take the ring" Theory to be published in mid January.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Thuringwethil

I thought I would put this in the blog because I get so tired of explaining who/what it is. First of all Thuringwethil was a woman. For some reason everyone thinks it's a man's name. The name comes from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion.

Thuringwethil was a vampire and messenger of Sauron. She flew through mordor disguised as a bat. Luthien took her form when she went to Angband on the Quest of the Silmaril. But the reason I chose it has to do with the meaning.

I was being haunted, harassed, pursued, whatever you would like to call it by someone in my favorite chat room and website so I needed to change my name. That is when Graywolf chose Thuringwethil. The meaning was highly appropriate. Thuringwethil means "woman of the secret shadows."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home