The Daily Whine

Whatever my whine for the day is (and sometimes a Wine as well) But also includes rants and raves about my favorite two authors - Tolkien and Lewis. Currently working on the "Why the Eagle couldn't take the ring" Theory to be published in mid January.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Shelob and other scary 8-legged things

My sst bud Graywolf inquired about spiders on his blog recently. I vote he should kill them. Unless your Peter Parker or Miss Spider (from the children's book series Miss Spider...), you are as good as dead if you come anywhere near my house. Especially if you are the spider that keeps building the 12 foot web across my driveway your days are numbered buddy. It was bad enough that two huge spiders (like the ones on gray's site) dropped in on us while watching Spider-Man. They no longer reside at my house, but have joined Shelob in the depths of hell. I care not that people say that spiders keep other bugs away. Well, they haven't been doing such a great job in my yard otherwise I wouldn't keep having to spray for bugs.

As for movie spiders, still just as scary. As much of a Lord of the Rings fan that I am, I did not watch all of the Shelob scene, i barely got through reading it in the book. As a matter of fact, i skip parts of it in the book when re-reading it. Personally, I wish Tolkien would have found some other nemesis for Frodo, but I can always skip that section. And no, Juan, the mechanical spider in Wild Wild West doesn't scare me. Come on, it's not a spider, it's made of metal. Although I am not a fan of scary movies in general, ones with spiders just go over the limits for me.

Oh, and graywolf, here is a place to go to help you with your spider problem. And if that doesn't work call Samwise and see if you can borrow Sting.


1 Comments:

Blogger filmgoerjuan said...

Are you kidding me?

It may have been made of metal, but that thing could shoot freaking fireballs out of its mouth!

Shelob could what? Spin a web? Big freaking deal!

;)

August 17, 2004 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home